A striking book for young children retelling the stories of twelve miracles performed by Jesus, and accompanied by colourful, decorative illustrations by the author.
Trade Information: LGEN
Available as: Hardback
Would you like to be able to buy this title as an eBook?
Click here to let us know
The companion book to The Parables of Jesus, this is a simple telling of the stories of the twelve miracles performed by Jesus. The selection, chosen by Tomie de Paola, begins with the story of "The Wedding at Cana", and also includes "The Calming of the Storm", "The Loaves and the Fishes" and "The Raising of Lazarus".
This book will make a delightful gift: it is ideal for shared reading aloud at home or in school, and children will enjoy looking at the stylish illustrations. The text is accompanied by Tomie de Paolo's memorable illustrations. Taking his inspiration from Romanesque art, he has incorporated its decorative style in these distinctive pictures. He was particularly attracted by the ornamental, geometric and earthy qualities in the art of this period, especially by the carvings in the small churches of France and Italy.
1. The Wedding at Cana (John 2:1–11)
2. The Catch of Fishes (Luke 5:1–11)
3. The Calming of the Storm (Luke 8:22–25)
4. The Loaves and the Fishes (John 6:1–15)
5. Jesus Walks on the Water (Matthew 14:22–33)
6. The Paralyzed Man (Luke 5:17–26)
7. The Cure of the Man at the Pool of Bethesda (John 5:1–9)
8. The Centurion's Servant (Luke 7:2–10)
9. Jesus Opens the Eyes of the Blind Man (Luke 18:35–43)
10. Jesus Heals the Lepers (Luke 17:11–19)
11. The Daugher of Jairus (Luke 8:40–56)
12. The Raising of Lazarus (John 11:20–44)
Tomie de Paola is an internationally popular illustrator and adapter of Bible stories and themes for children.
"Striking pictures ... full of clear, strong images whose boldness will appeal to children, while adults will enjoy the warm and vivid but unsentimental characterisation of the people ... the point of these books is their pictures, and they are lovely."