A selection of printed books about the Girl's Own Paper. Please note that a number of these titles have gone out-of-print since the list was first compiled, but may still be available through second-hand book dealers. If you have any suggested additions to this list, do please contact us.
- Boys in Khaki, Girls in Print: Women's Literary Responses to the Great War 1914–1918
By Jane Potter; Oxford University Press, USA, 2005.
- Flora Klickmann and her Flower Patch: The Story of "The Girl's Own Paper" and the Flower Patch Among the Hills
By David Lazell; Flower Patch Magazine, 1976.
- From the Dairyman's Daughter to Worrals of the WAAF: The RTS, Lutterworth Press and Children's Literature
By Dennis Butts and Pat Garrett (editors); The Lutterworth Press, 2006.
- Girl's Own Guide: An Index of All the Fiction Stories Ever to Appear in the Girl's Own Paper from 1880–1941
By E. Honor Ward; A.&B. Whitworth, 1992
- Girls, Boys, Books, Toys: Gender in Children's Literature and Culture
By Beverly Lyon Clark and Margaret R. Higonnet (editors); The Johns Hopkins University Press; New Edition, 2000
- Great-Grandmama's Weekly: A Celebration of the Girl's Own Paper, 1880–1901
By Wendy Forrester; The Lutterworth Press, 1980 (out-of-print).
- A Magazine of Her Own?
By Margare Beetham; Routledge, 1996.
- Selections from The Girls Own Paper, 1880–1907
By Terri Doughty (editor); Broadview Press, reprinted 2004.